Virtual Box & Windows -

        I've installed "virtualbox" on this F-14 computer and it appears
        to be working, however now I need a copy of Windows to run in it
        in order to solve my other problem. I have several copies of
        WindowsXP Pro including the one that came with this computer but
        refuses to run unless that drive is plugged into the first slot.

        That problem occurs because initially I had a computer failure
        and elected to replace the computer and install the hard drives
        from the failed unit into the "new" one. The old one had a
        Windows partition that was selectable from grub and would
        operate normally if needed. Once the drives were swapped into
        this computer and Windows selected it would protest that perhaps
        I had a virus and refuse to boot. :-)

        The details go on and on but my question is would I have to buy
        a copy of Windows to use virtualbox or is there a way to make it
        use the original copy on the disk containing WindowsXP that came
        with this computer? If I swap data cables around Windows still
        boots. It is installed by itself on an 80 gig sata drive.

        Bob