Re: Virtual Box & Windows -

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 10:59 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:

>         The details go on and on but my question is would I have to buy
>         a copy of Windows to use virtualbox or is there a way to make it
>         use the original copy on the disk containing WindowsXP that came
>         with this computer?

Windows is very fussy about the hardware. If the hardware changes from
when it was originally installed, it refuses to run. This is
(supposedly) to prevent unauthorized copies. So it is unlikely you will
be able to get the copy on disk to run. However, you should be able to
create a new virtual machine and install Windows XP onto it from the CD,
using your product key.

--Greg