Re: How to compile a soft same as the version realeased by fedora?

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 18:09:16 +0800
GeeKer Wang <wwthunan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks,
> I tried it as you said,
>   cd rpmbuild/SPEC
>   rpmbuild -bb OpenSceneGraph.spec
>
> the total size of this version is 2.7G, a little smaller than
> previous-built version but much larger than fedora-repo version.
> Maybe it's -g option that matters, but does -g affect the efficiency?
> The frame rate is still 10-, while the fedora-repo version has a
> frame rate of 40.
>
> And my version has some problem with XLIB, while the fedora-repo
> doesn't.

Sorry, you are asking questions that are beyond my knowledge level.
Actually, I've learned a lot through this thread.  I would refer you to
these excellent responses in the list archives.  They describe how to
get exactly the binary that Fedora releases.  But then, if that is what
you want, why not just use the Fedora binary?

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-March/394062.html

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-March/394086.html