Re: How to compile a soft same as the version realeased by fedora?

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 5:09 AM, GeeKer Wang <wwthunan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks,
> I tried it as you said,
>   cd rpmbuild/SPEC
>   rpmbuild -bb OpenSceneGraph.spec
> the total size of this version is 2.7G, a little smaller than previous-built
> version but much larger than fedora-repo version.
> Maybe it's -g option that matters, but does -g affect the efficiency? The
> frame rate is still 10-, while the fedora-repo version has a frame rate of
> 40.
>
> And my version has some problem with XLIB, while the fedora-repo doesn't.
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 2:20 AM, stan <gryt2@xxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 10:35:10 -0700
>> stan <gryt2@xxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > rpmbuild -bp OpenScreneGraph.spec
>>
>> Oops!  This should be
>> rpmbuild -bb OpenScreneGraph.spec
>>
>> The -bp flag just unpacks the source so it can be examined or patches
>> can be created.

Try using mock[1]. It's pretty easy to setup and should theoretically
give you the same result as koji[2]since it also uses mock.

I took a look at the build logs and I didn't see mock passing any
extra options to rpmbuild[3]:
---
Executing command: ['bash', '--login', '-c', 'rpmbuild -bb --target
i686 --nodeps builddir/build/SPECS/OpenSceneGraph.spec']
---

Richard

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock
[2] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=209310