Re: Brasero to create video DVD?

On Sat, 2011-03-19 at 14:33 -0400, Alex wrote:
> Lots of questions today. I'm trying to use brasero on fc14 x86_64 to
> create a DVD video from an AVI that I downloaded, and was just
> wondering what people's opinion was of this program?

You need to be clearer about what you want to do. Is the DVD meant to be
simply a backup of the AVI files or do you want to author a disk that
can be read by any commercial DVD player (meaning you have at least have
to convert the files to MPEG2 and create the standard DVD file
structure)? These are two completely different requirements. Note that
many modern players can actually play AVI files directly from a DVD, so
that may be good enough and is certainly easier to do, but you'll lose
some DVD-like features.

poc