Brasero to create video DVD?

Hi,

Lots of questions today. I'm trying to use brasero on fc14 x86_64 to
create a DVD video from an AVI that I downloaded, and was just
wondering what people's opinion was of this program?

While it seems to complete, it also just exits abruptly (disappears,
really), and leaves the following in brasero-session.log:

BraseroVob gstavidemux.c(5134): gst_avi_demux_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline2/GstDecodeBin:decodebin2/GstAviDemux:avidemux2:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated
BraseroVob called brasero_job_error
BraseroVob finished with an error
BraseroVob asked to stop because of an error
        error           = 1
        message = "Internal data stream error."
BraseroVob stopping
Session error : Internal data stream error. (brasero_burn_record
brasero-burn.c:2839)

Is this normal? Can you recommend another program that an average
desktop user (my father-in-law) could use to burn a DVD from an AVI?

I've tried de-ve-de, and although I like it, it's probably too
complicated for him. Even a command-line application or script that
could be run would be acceptable, as long as it didn't require a bunch
of input decisions along the way.

Thanks for any ideas.
Best regards,
Alex