Re: fc14 upgrade fails, system now in partially-upgraded state...

Hi,

> Start with something like:
>
> yum upgrade rpm yum
>
> When this completes, go on to something else.  For the most part, I find
> myself doing:
>
> yum upgrade a\*
> yum upgrade b\*
> yum upgrade c\*

Yes, great advice. I also learned that as an effective way to
troubleshoot after going through this. Turned out removing that
initial package that was causing trouble was enough to get it going
again:

--> Processing Dependency: /usr/bin/update-gdk-pixbuf-loaders for
package: libwmf-0.2.8.4-22.fc13.x86_64

After removing it, the box seized again (turned out it was
overheating, I think), but I was able to do some combinations of "rpm
-e" with "yum --releasever=14 dist-upgrade --skip-broken", and it
downloaded nearly all the packages again but eventually installed them
all.

I had to then use "package-cleanup --cleandupes" to remove all the old
fc13 packages.

Somehow through this process, the grub.conf didn't upgraded with the
new kernel and it got screwed up. Had to use dracut to rebuild the
initramfs and grub-install to make sure the bootloader was installed.

Now, I have a problem with selinux that I can't figure out. It boots
properly in enforcing mode, but won't let anyone login:

[   25.346263] SELinux:  Context system_u:unconfined_r:kernel_t:s0
would be invalid if enforcing

Booting with enforcing=0 enables root to login. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Alex