Re: cmake 2.8.4 (f14 x86_64) :: errors at bootstraping - SOLVED

On 03/07/11 17:06, Richard Shaw wrote:
[snip]
I'm glad it was easy! If you decide you like building your own
packages I would check out mock[1]. It is a fancy python script which
will build the package in a chroot environment. It makes sure (among
other things) that you have the correct BuildRequires: in the spec
file by installing only those packages in the spec file into the
chroot environment. It downloads and installs all the -devel packages
which can take a while the first time but they are cached for future
builds.

Also, checkout rpmlint[2]. It checks the resultant RPMs for typical
issues and errors. Both are required for formal acceptance of a
package into the Fedora repos.
Thanks! with this info i might dare to venture into giving back something to community.. :)
Adrian

Richard

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines#Use_rpmlint