Re: cmake 2.8.4 (f14 x86_64) :: errors at bootstraping

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM, stan <gryt2@xxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 14:54:06 +0200
> Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi! Did anyone tried to compile the cmake 2.8.4 on fedora 14?
>> trying to bootstrap with or without the system libs i receive this:
>
> [snip]
>
>> can anyone help me with some suggestion?
>
> I too am running F14 x86_64.  I downloaded the source, unpacked it,
> changed to the directory, ran ./configure (which runs ./bootstrap),
> and when that completed ran gmake.  Everything compiled just fine.  I
> ran the resulting binary without a target and it seemed to run just
> fine.  I have accumulated lots of devel packages over the years, though.

I think he's talking about cmake, not blender :)

The best thing may be to download the source from a source RPM:

The link is for 2.8.4 for Fedora 15 but I've found you can often take
the source RPM and recompile it for your version with little or no
issue.

The src RPM will have a spec file with all the dependencies listed or
you can let yum-builddep handle it for you

$ yum-builddep /path/to/src/rpm

Then install the rpm as YOUR USER!!! NEVER AS ROOT!!!

Source RPMs are not designed to be installed system wide. They will
unpack to ~/rpmbuild. I actually use a separate build account so a
rogue package doesn't destroy my account.

(as you or another unprivileged user)
$ rpm -ivh <source rpm>

Then try:

$ rpmbuild -bb ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/cmake.spec

By default this will try to build a binary package for your current
distribution (F14) and architecture (x86_64)

See the following links for more detailed instructions:

http://www.g-loaded.eu/2006/04/05/how-to-build-rpm-packages-on-fedora/
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/BuildingPackagesGuide

Richard