RE: random crashes

On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 16:12 -0700, compdoc wrote:
> 3) While looking in the case, look for bad capacitors on the
> motherboard and inside the PSU. Click on the pictures to see close up:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
>
> 4) If you're using two or more sticks of ram and the sticks are
> mismatched, try buying matched pairs. Also, look at the sticker on the
> ram and see if they require that their voltage be set higher than
> normal.

And while poking around inside the case, do not zap the innards with
static shocks.  If you don't know about how that happens, and how to
avoid it, you should read up about it first.

Taking no anti-static precautions is one of those causes for mysterious
failures, usually much a long time after you'd done your poking around.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.