Re: Going from Broadcom's sources to wireless card to WPA network

>   Found info on fwcutter at http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

Its also in the Fedora repository

>   I think fwcutter is, essentially, a linux tool that extracts
>   firmware from Windows driver.

Basically yes

>   But why such an indirect approach when Broadcom supports Linux
>   on: http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php (such
>   support has existed since October 2008.)

Please read the licence document for the Linux kernel. In particular
please note that GNU Public License v2 applies to it. That requires all
derivative works of the kernel be GPL. I (albeit as a non-lawyer) would be
very surprised if a court was to find that driver not a derivative work,
but unless it ever ends up in court we may never know.

>   "lspci -nn" shows BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n 14e4:4326 (rev01).
>   So, as per the FAQ
>   http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Documentation/FAQ#Q:_Is_my_XXX_model_device_supported.3F
>   I googled  "14e4 4326" site:cateee.net/lkddb/ and got no hit.

Maybe its out of date, maybe its right. I'm not sure what the Mini 10
uses but I think thats also 4326 - thing is it depends on more complex
things than the PCI ids.