Re: Going from Broadcom's sources to wireless card to WPA network

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 19:27:44 -0800
"Suresh Govindachar" <sgovindachar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   In my attempts at replacing Windows on my Dell M6400 laptop
>   with -14-x86_64-Live-Desktop.iso, I have gotten as far as
>   being able to create a live usb stick.  My next step is to get
>   on the internet via the Dell Wireless 1510 Wireless-N WLAN
>   Mini-Card  and my "WPA" network.

My Dell Mini 10 works with 2.6.37 kernels quite happily - just need to
use fwcutter. The firmware on all the broadcom cards I have seen is loaded
each time you boot (each OS loading whatever it comes with).

For the Ubuntu questions you'd need to ask an Ubuntu list.

Alan