Re: Fedora 14 USB Mouse Problem

JB <jb.1234abcd <at> gmail.com> writes:

Results of Google search: fedora Microsoft USB wireless mouse

These are recommendations/solutions/woodoo magic:

"...I had to press the "connect"-button on the bottom of the mouse...LOL!"

"... have you checked battery on the wireless mouse? weak ones cause
 anomalies."

"I looks as though win is writing some microcode to the USB receiver that
 breaks it for subsequent use with linux."
"First and easiest for me is when I need switch from Windows 7 then I do
 a complete shut-down (not just a reboot) and then boot straight to ubuntu or
 other Linux distro.
 Second if you have access to the USB port that the wireless receiver is
 plugged into then you can just unplug it after you have already rebooted from
 Windows and are completely booted into Linux. (I believe this clears some
 settings in the receiver itself that are stored there by the windows drivers
 for whatever reason)."

"...mouse section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"