Re: users Digest, Vol 84, Issue 33

> Please don't reply to digests, and especially don't reply to digests and
> quite the entire fscking digest in your message (which will now show up
> all over again in the next digest).

It could be worse, and it has been.  About fifteen years ago, I was on a
mailing list that was misconfigured.  This became clear when somebody
signed up with the wrong email address and all messages from the list
bounced.  The default was to send out digests unless and until you
changed your settings, and all bounces went to the list itself.

Each digest bounced, causing a new digest to be sent containing the
previous digest plus whatever had come in since the last.  Not only
that, it decided that these "mega-digests" had to go out to everybody,
including the vast majority of us who didn't want digests.  Now, add to
that the fact that over 90% of us were on Dial-Up at the time.

As I said, "It could be worse."