RE: [OT] Re: Is there a better Alternative to Thunderbird ? <Why I use a Mac>

Title: Re: [OT] Re: Is there a better Alternative to Thunderbird ? <Why I use a Mac>

From: users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of g
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:55
To: fedora users
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Is there a better Alternative to Thunderbird ? <Why I use a Mac>

On 02/06/2011 11:44 AM, Alan Cox wrote:
<>
> Yeah that may be a slightly obscure configuration ;) and probably about a
> hundred times faster to emulate than for real.

not really obscure. there where several s100 system that started out as
z80, then updated as z80/m68k.

most would boot up z80 and then transfer to m68k.

 1] there where also z80/m68k cpu that could pass off to z80 any task
 that work i/o.

 2] within these, z80/m68k, i/o cards had their own z80 w/memory and
 z80 family i/o chips.

 3] when making i/o transfers, z80 could grab main memory and pull in
 data while m68k was working internal operations and using on board
 memory.

using these structures made for some fast data handling. plus, considering
their clock speed, they could hold their own in today's standards.

> On the Z80 side you can in theory run UZI of course, or if you have
> banked RAM then UZIX (which has a minimal TCP/IP even)

?uzi? | ?uzix? sounds strangle familiar, but recall does not bring it up.

what i am familiar with is the machine pistol made in israel and a very
fine peace to fire.

i never had one, no 'class a', but i have some friends who own them.

How much more off topic can we get here?

This has gone from an alternative email client to Thunderbird to Ancient computers.

Shall I add my Commodore Vic -20 to the discussion?

How about my very old PET which is worth quite a bit right now.

More than it was when new that's for sure

Michael