RE: Is there a better Alternative to Thunderbird ? <Why I use a Mac>

>I switched to using a Mac after LOTS of investigation and watching the
Windows98SE/ME disaster (Microsoft usually screws it up once before getting
it right.)

98SE was a stable OS as used in the business world: easy to repair, easy to
install, and easy to upgrade hardware for on existing systems - you could
easily replace the motherboard, for instance.

But it booted dos to launch itself, and so, depended heavily on dos and its
config files. Dos's useful life was over at this point, and it was holding
back the OS.

Windows ME was an attempt to extend the life of the 98 code base, but with
some changes: ME didn't boot dos anymore. It booted directly to the ME OS.
This, and other things caused stuff to break.

However, I've worked on computers that came with ME installed, and they ran
great. These were sold to the masses by companies like HP.

The kind of users who don't upgrade their systems bought them, and used them
reliably for years.

Flame off!

:)