Re: mplayer doesn't like me again

On 02/01/2011 09:43 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:

>>From the command line I tried
> xv: DRI failure, pixelation
> gl_nosw: pixelation, but no DRI failure message
> dga: mess
> fbdev: cannot open /dev/fb, no  video
> xvidix: pci errors, no video
> x11: DRI failure, pixelation
>
> dga: mess:
> Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
> VO: [dga] 640x480 => 640x480 BGRA
> vo_dga: DGA 2.0 available :-) Can switch resolution AND depth!
> vo_dga: Selected hardware mode  640 x  480 @  59 Hz @ depth 24, bitspp
> 32.
> vo_dga: Video parameters by codec: 640 x 480, depth 24, bitspp 32.
> vo_dga: Framebuffer mapping failed!!!
> FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.
> Too many buffered pts

> In light of the above, I'm not sure I have a useable mode.
> Considering that I have a rather high end video card,
> 'twould be nice if I did.

Let's start at the beginning:

What is the output of "lspci | grep VGA"
Also, what video driver are you using to drive it?
(Check the output of /var/log/Xorg.0.log to be sure, but you could also
look in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file if you have one.)
Finally, what is the result of "glxinfo | grep direct"

That should tell me exactly which video "card" is in your machine, which
video driver is being used, and whether or not DRI is being used.  We
can go from there.

> I really hate the poke-it-and-see-what-it-does method.

So do it.  Lets get some facts straight first....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxxxxxx