Re: [Fedora] Re: FC14 Installation Hangs

Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley <at> pcraft.com> writes:

> On 1/24/2011 1:43 PM, JB wrote:
> > I am looking at that dmesg posted by you - CentOS had some errors too.
> > We have to reset the kernel line and run it again with max verbose
> > debugging.
> >
> > Please reset kernel parameters to only the ones needed for debugging (and
> > keep
> > them always), remove anything else:
> >
> > ignore_loglevel enforcing=0 initcall_debug
> >
> > Run it.
> >
> > JB
>
>      i tried that and posted the results of that in my last e-mail.  It
> hangs at the same spot, after detecting the main drive and CD-ROM.  If I
> add the irqpoll, it hangs even earlier on.  And while CentOS might've
> run into errors, at least it knew to move on and work.  FC14 just hangs,
> hard.

OK. I saw your first post today like below, and that's why asked to remove
all unneeded parameters.

>>>    Ok, finally got a moment to try this.  Current kernel line is:
>>>     xdriver=vesa nomodeset ide=nodma noapic acpi=off ignore_loglevel
>>>     enforcing=0 initcall_debug

I am looking at kernel parameters and Fedora kernel problems - there is so
much of it that could go wrong that the head is spinning.

Let's hope that Alan finds time to come back to the thread - he is the real
expert here.

I will continue looking into it as well, so stick around. Will try something.

JB