Re: device naming (mentioned in Fedora Weekly News 259)

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 10:44 +0100, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> Well, on the other end it is very useful if your NIC is called eth0,
> because when it is not working well you can remove it from the slot,
> plug in a new one and restart the system with no configuration change.

Not quite.  There's a few messages about this on the list.  The system
remembers your last device details, and calls your new card eth1, even
if it's the only ethernet adaptor on the PC.  You have to delete a file
to make it forget about the old one.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686