Re: racoon works only in one way

I'm seeing something possibly similar.

I have upgraded a Fedora 11 box to Fedora 14. This box was succesfully
running five
IPSec tunnels. Four of them to a ZyXEL P-2602H, one to Fedora 13 box.

After upgrading, all of the tunnels were reestablished, but no traffic
was possible over it.

Using Wireshark I found out that packets returning from a remote host are
being routed to the wrong interface.

Let's say I have this:

SRC=1.2.3.4 (public, on eth1)
SRCNET=192.168.1.0/24 (private, on eth0)
DST=5.6.7.8 (public)
DSTNET=192.168.2.0/24 (private)

While pinging from our 192.168.1.217 to their 192.168.2.16, I see
- unencrypted packet arrives at our tunnel
- encrypted packet is sent to DST
- (not tracing remote internal network, assuming everything's OK)
- encrypted return packet arrives at SRC
- unencrypted return packet is sent to eth1, even though destination
address is 192.168.1.217

There's nothing in the routing table that could explain this.

Pim