fedora13 - mouse IBeam change

Hi.

down vote favorite

hi.

sorry to have to ask such a basic question!! i've got fedora 13,
trying to figure out how to change the "I Beam" pointer.

earlier, i had a "thin" "I Beam" pointer in my gedit/term windows.
now, I have a "thicker/shadow" kind of "I Beam" pointer when i move
the mouse over the gedit/term windows.

obviously, i've made some change, but i can't figure out what I
changed, or where this attribute is set. i've checked google/irc, as
well as looked through the "system-preferences-appearance" with no
luck.. i saw the customize part of the gui, and could resize the
"arrow" but nothing for the "I-Beam".

in one of my older boxes, the "thin" I Beam pointer is working, so
it's something I've done...

this isn't critical, but it is anoying!!

any thoughts/pointers would be helpful.

thanks