Re: All video editors are muting the audio?

On Saturday, January 01, 2011 12:47:53 pm Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
> That's not working, if I load the files, mostly drops an message that
> "If the file is using B-frames as reference it can lead to a crash or
> stuttering. Avidemux can use another mode which is safe but YOU WILL
> LOSE FRAME ACCURACY.
> Do you want to use that mode?" - If say no here - avidemux collapses
> and dies like a wind, if I say yes - the program slows down to bottom
> speed, and makes uneditable the file.

I've seen this with many MP4s (h.264 video) from Apple.  Usually If I just
want to split some h.264 mp4 videos I'll use MP4Box which works nicely.

I see your problem...I guess you'll have to work with "mencoder" or "ffmpeg"
(if you're comfortable with the command-line) in order to create some
middleground video format that you can then use in one of these video editors
(of course loosing quality on the way).  mencoder usually handles everything I
throw to him...

--
Jorge