Re: All video editors are muting the audio?

2011/1/1 Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Saturday, January 01, 2011 06:06:15 am Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
>>  but I couldn't control the audio part of the clips
>
> What characteristics does your source files have? What's the audio format?
> video format? container format?  Also, what is your intended destination
> format (video/audio/container)?

Bigger part is AC3, MP3, and some apple formats, videostream is AVI,
MP4 - and I would like to have free formats like theora/ogg. I know I
have these proprietary formats, but that's what I have. Yet I don't
wanna any virtual instance of windows or even dualboot....

> I usually use AviDemux to do simple cuts without any problems.

That's not working, if I load the files, mostly drops an message that
"If the file is using B-frames as reference it can lead to a crash or
stuttering. Avidemux can use another mode which is safe but YOU WILL
LOSE FRAME ACCURACY.
Do you want to use that mode?" - If say no here - avidemux collapses
and dies like a wind, if I say yes - the program slows down to bottom
speed, and makes uneditable the file.

> Once you load your input file into AviDemux, are you able to hear the audio
> when you play it there (within Avidemux) ?

As I tried out many times - no. No audio is audible. Else in normal
way in ANY player plays them.

> I know there's a new editor around called "OpenShot" which apparently is very
> good. You might give it a try. I haven't tried myself.

The problem is Openshot uses some closed source part, therefore I have
to always hunt after the last rpm's if some volunteers are build them.
An another issue is that I use 64bit AMD version...

> Finally, remember that with many of these editors/players, you need a plethora
> of supporting libraries (ffmpeg, lame etc) in order to read/write many of these
> formats.

Sure. I know this. I have installed everything that I could, or know
or need - but it seems that isn't enough. Furthermore I have to do
some contributions to Goddard Space Center, but yet again I couldn't -
and I have to beg again to my friend to edit them with their MAC.....
but I slowly fed up with this....

> HTH,
> Jorge
> --