Re: About programing, a general question

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:

> I agree with it being easier to migrate from C++, rather than to C++.
> Unfortunately C++ probably has a longer learning curve than most other
> programming languages. But the choice of programming language should
> really be decided by the type of applications you intend to create, and
> the target platforms. Especially if you're starting from scratch and
> wish to create any application in a reasonable time period.

The *default* should be python even for object-oriented stuff.
Python allows polymorphism and operator overloading.
There are important differences:
In python, one cannot declare the type of a variable or member:
Type is acquired by assignment.
def and class statements assign functions and classes to variables.
They do not preclude reassignment.
This could prevent an error message when
one would prefer that to the result.

Flexibility can be slow.
C++ and java with their fixed types will usually be faster.

The availablilty of useful additives is another
reason for not necessarily using the default.

--
Michael   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.