Re: X server crashed in FC14

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 1:16 AM, stan <gryt2@xxxxx> wrote:
> If you removed things that were needed for functionality, you could
> perhaps do a groupinstall to get them back.
>
> yum grouplist | less
> should show you a list of them.  And I think for Gnome you would then
> do something like
> yum groupinstall "Gnome desktop"
> or
> yum groupinstall Gnome-desktop
> See  man yum  for the exact syntax.

The constraint at the moment is that the box can not be connected to
the internet.
I using DSL and I did not find the way of setting up DSL connection
manually. I checked directory /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and found
no script ifchg-ppp0.

I tried yum localinstall but it could not resolve dependencies.
Perhaps, the only alternative now is how to  connect to the internet
via DSL if you have  only command line available. It should be
possible as  the power of Linux is on its own native commands. I just
do not know how to do it. It will be a good thing to try if you have
further options.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
AA