Re: External harddrive not spinning down on suspend

Norit <norit <at> komma.info> writes:

> I am however having some troubles with my external usb harddrive.
> In Fedora the harddrive just keeps spinning when I send
> the notebook into suspend and is not accessible after resume. Even
> worse, the next suspend fails.

I do not have experience with it, but remember that in my BIOS there is
an option that allows USB devices be powered on during power management
periods (suspend, etc).
You may investigate this (turn it on/off if present) and see how suspend behaves.
It is possible that PM suspend is buggy and does not recognize this condition.

JB