Re: F12 -> F14 (via preupgrade), not so smooth

On 12/04/2010 11:56 AM, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> 1) It doesn't seem to matter what image I choose to use as my desktop
> background.  It doesn't stick.

Try installing and using Wallpapoz.  I originally tried it so I could
have a different background on each desktop, but found it much more
interesting just to have a set of random wallpapers.  (Mind you, I could
mix both effects by having a different list for each desktop, but that's
much more bother than it's worth to me.)  Even if you want one and only
one wallpaper, it should be able to override whatever Gnome's trying to do.