Re: F12 -> F14 (via preupgrade), not so smooth

On 12/04/2010 12:55 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 12:46:32 -0500,
>   "Kevin J. Cummings" <cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> me.  Anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong, or how I can change
>> my desktop appearance in a more *permanent* manner?
>
> This doesn't solve the desktop oddity, but you could make a new image
> at the correct resolution using some image manipulation tool and
> then use that for the background image.

No Joy.  B^(

1) It doesn't seem to matter what image I choose to use as my desktop
background.  It doesn't stick.

2) It doesn't seem to matter how that background is viewed (styled?)
After it reverts I'm back to Earth from Space, Scaled.

3) The only thing that *does* seem to stick, is the Colors: selection.
I've managed to change the background color from white to black.  Now at
least, the white bars on the sides are now black bars and blend with the
background image.

4) OK, I was also able to add an image to the background selections, and
it seems to have stuck in the selection window, but, no matter which
background I choose, it eventually reverts back to Earth from Space, Scaled.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx