Re: Update failes

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 19:49:32 +0100 (BST)
> Patrick Dupre <pd520@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The story is:
> I tried to update 1 system from fedora 10 to 13, it failed before
> it even starts the update!
> 1) I tried 3 times.
> 2) I will have to do it one or 2 more times
> 3) I already had a similar problem when I update this system to
> fedora 10
> 4) I posted the output of anaconda like it is suggested by
> the installation
> 5) I did expected that somebody would have a look on this file
> and give me some feedback.
> 6) Accordingly, I will see what to do.
> 7) I do not see the point now in trying to make 10 -> 11, 11 -> 12,
> 12 -> 13 and face the same problems every times if it can solve more
> efficiently.
> 8) I could help more that one person in maintaining fedora system.
> 9) Does my way of trying to make progress wrong ?

PS

If you do decide to do a fresh install, I recommend that you do a new
install on unused media, say another internal hard drive or a USB hard
drive or partition(s).  That way, if something goes wrong, you have your
old system still funtioning perfectly well, so problems aren't
catastrophes, just challenges to overcome.  And you can do an orderly
transfer of your unique information.  When problems become overwhelming
to deal with in the new system, just boot back into your old system till
you're ready to face them again.

It will save you a lot of (potential) grief.