Re: Update failes

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, Joe Zeff wrote:

On 10/25/2010 04:33 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
I addition, if I am correct, this update problem already happened
when I tried to updated from fedora 7 to fedora 10 and it has not
been fixed right (I probably had to resintall every things).

Is there a reason why you wait until months (if not years) after a
Fedora version reaches EOL before upgrading?
No Time
If updating from 10 to 11, from 11 to 12 and from 12 to 13 would be the
solution then I would do it. But in my opinion this is  not the issue.

Upgrading Fedora by skipping releases is considered to be risky at best,
and is never recommended.  Your opinion is wrong.
Did you have a lock on the anaconda output file ?
If you demonstrate me that it is the problem I will try to update to
fedora 11 and it will have to work !
I built up my opinion on the fact that anaconda even did not try to
start the update. It did fail before the update !
It seems not happy with the logical volumes or with the partitions
configuration.

Regards.

--
---