Re: How to update an EeePC?

Hi Tim,

Believe me, you'll love the experience what you receive after that.
Earlier, I have made some experiments with the eeedora kernel - but I
have found that causing too much hassle - and much easier to use one
of the spins.
Also, I have an such advice to use an Sony SRAC-1 microSD adaptor with
microSD cards. Why? Because of those microSD cards are usable in
phones too, and much easier could you transfer directly the photos
ehat you have made quickly with your phone. The mentioned adaptor is
really stable, and for it's prise really useful.

For the OS: I just suggest that use most of yum plugins. You'll need
that. And be careful, don't install too much progs, just is neccessary
to don't suck with updates. This is why I have suggested to use
portable apps - because those haven't got any dependency, yes - no
updates also, but still - you could work with them.

PS: I loooove my Asus....

2010/10/18 Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
>
>> I had, I have - and still use it. Basically I do installs always with
>> an 2 G usb key,  and install the smallest option what I could have in
>> Fedora. It's the LXDE spin, witch works perfectly.
>
> Thanks for that.
> I've installed the LXDE spin, and it is working fine.
>
> Actually, I found that my problems were probably due to the fact
> that I had an SD card (on which I had created 2 Linux partitions)
> in the computer while I was trying to install Fedora-13.
> It seems that this creates some confusion while the installation
> is looking for Storage Devices.
>
> I've also upgraded my RAM to 2GB which should improve matters.
>
> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366