Re: Proprietary or open source NVidia drivers?

  On 10/16/10 10:16 AM, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 5:59 PM, James McKenzie
> <jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

>>> A voice of reason on this issue.  Amazing. :-)
>>>
>>> As for me, on every new Fedora release I install (currently running F13)
>>> I try the latest open source driver first.  Then I install the NVidia
>>> driver (from the rpmfusion-nonfree repo).  The latter has not yet failed
>>> to be snapper when running the KDE Desktop Effects than the former.
>>> That's on my desktop machines.
>>>
>> Hopefully the Open Source community will figure out how to support your
>> unique configuration and make us all happy.  Until then, you have to do
>> what you have to do.
>>
>> Thank you for the nice comment too.  I tend to live in the commercial
>> world but use Fedora/CentOS in my private life.
>>
>> James McKenzie
> I'll probably keep away from NVidia drivers for now, even if more
> people voted for them. Just because I would like to test Nuveao driver
> on different NVidia cards and see for myself how do they work.

That is great, but I doubt that the Noveau drivers will support four
screens, but it would be fantastic if this driver did support multiple
cards over multiple screens to present something like 4096 x 3000 (I
know the first number is correct but the second is a little low).  Does
this driver do something like that now?

James McKenzie