Corrupted or Virus in User Directory

  Fc13 - 14 / KDE

I have three users on this box

root
jim
jan

'Jim' user directory is corrupted or virus in it.

You can be clicking on different windows, apps and the the screen
freezes and no matter what you click on , nothing happens,
in seconds or minutes it unfreezes and you can get back to work.

But !! , the Mouse cursor  can be moved around the screen during freeze
time.

The problem is definitely in the Jim user directory.

I can go into the root or jan home directories and work and the screen
never freezes .

I also deleted the ,kde directory to see if that was the problem , but
it did not help, it still freezes .

I ran 'top' and could not see anything hindering the CPU .

I replaced FC 13 with 14 to see if that would make any difference,  and
had the same effect.

I guess I will have to Save the Users files and make a new Home for Jim.