Re: Copy and paste in Terminal

On Friday, October 15, 2010 14:19:28 Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 23:03 -0400, Alex wrote:
> > Okay, I can now say I really don't like using the middle wheel. It
> > requires me to take my hands off the keyboard twice. I'd really like
> > to be able to highlight the the mouse, and paste with a keyboard
> > combination.
>
> You seem to be mixing up the two methods of copying. You highlight with
> the left mouse button and copy with the middle mouse button. NO keyboard
> is involved,

No, Alex understands that there are two separate ways to copy-paste. We
clarified that before in the thread. What he wants is to unify the two
clipboard buffers --- to select with the mouse and paste with the keyboard.
Mainly because he doesn't feel comfortable clicking with the mouse wheel.

This can probably be achieved using some clipboard manager software, but
requires some configuring. I've never done anything similar, he needs to
investigate various managers and find out.

HTH, :-)
Marko