Re: X won't start on F14 - I've run out of ideas!

> Things I've tried:
> I removed the nVidia driver and de-blacklisted nouveau in grub.conf

How did you originally install the nVidia driver in the first place? If
you used the shell archive files (pkg.run) downloaded from nvidia.com,
this also modifies some of your library files that will make it pretty
much impossible to ever go back to nouveau after that. If you installed
it this way, then you need to re-run the pkg.run file every time there
is a kernel update. You do have to ensure that nouveau is not loaded
when you do this.

I can't say what happens if instead you installed the nVidia driver from
rpmfusion packages.

As for why X won't start: have you looked in the logs?

/var/log/Xorg.0.log

--Greg