Re: System time running fast

Hi Tanmoy,

On 29 September 2010 11:35, Tanmoy Chatterjee <bum.jee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> To achieve this in Fedora (and probably will work for Ubuntu too) is to
>> open up system-config-date and under the "Time" tab check the box saying
>> "System clock uses UTC".
> THANK YOU VERY MUCH Suvayu. You have solved my problem. Sorry for
> being late to reply.

You are welcome. :)

>> I would also recommend turning ntpd on (a
>> check-box on "Date and Time" tab)
> I have not done this though. Is it necessary?

As I mentioned, its recommended but not necessary. With ntpd turned on
your clock will be kept synchronised with other time servers on the
internet. This is a good way to keep your system clock synchronised
without worrying about it.

> One thing I want to share with you and other users here - I have also
> been a subscriber to another user's mailing list - though I am not
> here for long - still the queries I have posted here got quick and
> perfect solution than elsewhere - it seems to me the users here are
> more knowledgeable than elsewhere.

I am a very new Fedora user/member of this list. But there are many
people on this list who have been here long before GNU/Linux came into
existence. So yes, I agree the collective wisdom of mailing lists like
this one can be phenomenal. :)

--
Suvayu