System time running fast

I have an HP computer with an AMD Athlon X2 dual core
processor.  It has Fedora 13 on it.  It continually reports the
time incorrectly and gets further off(fast) as time goes by.
I doubt this is a Fedora problem, but am not sure how to
fix this and thought I'd ask here.  I know how to reset the
time, but want to know what can be done so there wouldn't
be any need to do that.  Thanks in advance.

--
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises