Re: Enabling Airport wireless on Macbook Air with F12

  On 9/25/10 12:01 PM, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
>      >>  After nearly a year, it's stopped working. It was working fine at
>      >>  the beginning of this week. I tried booting off of one of the two
>      >>  previous kernels (I'm still on fc12), but not much difference.
>      James>  The new kernels broke many things.
>
> At which version?
I don't know.  I've been following several threads here and it appears
that one of the kernel updates broke a few things.  You would have to
search the list archives.

>      James>  Can you still boot back to MacOSX on the Air?  If so, it may
>
> No. Not without re-installing it, which means starting all over again, in
> which case I might as well start with an fc13 system.
> Or hang on for fc14. But that assumes things will get fixed.
I would wait for FC14 if you want to rebuild.  At that point FC12 will
become End-of-Life, which basically means unsupported.  This is how
Fedora is structured.
>      James>  be possible to get the older files and then put them on local
>
> What exactly are the older files? I can transfer files via a USB drive.
Look in your yum updates log file and see what was updated when you lost
access to your wireless card.  That is always a good place to start.
>      James>  I'm not that familiar with doing so, but others here may be
>      James>  able to assist in directing where on the system you can find
>      James>  them or on the Internet, since I appears you do have access
>      James>  somehow.
>
> Yes, I have access from my desktop machines.
Then you will have to find a repo that will allow you to download the
older files that were upgraded.  Google for how to create and add a
local rpm repo and put them in that directory and then run the
appropriate yum line to 'downgrade' to them.  Hopefully this will bring
the AirPort back to life.

James McKenzie