Re: Kernel update scrambles catalyst driver output

Am Mittwoch, den 22.09.2010, 11:15 +0200 schrieb Marko Vojinovic:
> For all issues with the catalyst driver you should contact ATI (and
> good luck with that). It's closed source, they are the only ones who
> know how to fix it.

In general you are right, but this time it seems not to be ATI but
kernel and associated kmod and wrapper magic. As I noted in my post:
Same ATI binary driver in combination with kernel-2.6.32.21-166 works
just fine. Some stuff in kernel-2.6.32.21-168 introduces regression.

Hope some rpmfusion people will read here.

> For buying ATI hardware, you have only yourself to blame. :-)

Years ago I changed my Hardware from Nvidia to ATI because the free ATI
driver supported dual monitor xinerama those times, the free nvidia
driver did not. The ATI hardware and free driver combo worked for years
perfectly well.

ATI is not as bad as some rumour may spread.  :-)

Peter