Re: Kernel update scrambles catalyst driver output

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Peter Boy <pboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> the latest kernel update for Fedora 12
> (kernel-2.6.32.21-168.fc12.x86_64) leaves me with a scrambled screen
> using the catalyst driver (ATI Radeon HD 3470). Reverting back to
> kernel-2.6.32.21-166.fc12.x86_64 resolves the problem.
>
> Unfortunately, the free ATI driver is not an option because it's dual
> DVI monitor setup doesn't work since several releases (BZ entry in
> place).
>
> I suppose, fedora project doesn't care about catalyst (for good
> reasons), but who does?

For all issues with the catalyst driver you should contact ATI (and
good luck with that). It's closed source, they are the only ones who
know how to fix it.

For all issues with the free radeon driver create a bugzilla entry.
It's open source, but only the initiated are capable of fixing it
(after they break it).

For buying ATI hardware, you have only yourself to blame. :-)

HTH, :-)
Marko