Re: Can't connect DD-WRT Router to Comcast

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 13:19 -0400, Jim wrote:
> 1. I have called Comcast and they swear that the connection is not
> registered to my PC MAC address.
>
> 2. I cloned the PC mac address in my DD-WRT/Router.

Personally, I would try most strongly to get the ISP to accept the MAC
of the router, rather than the PC.  Or whatever else is the first device
facing the ISP.

It saves you all the malarkey of trying to force your hardware to do odd
things to accommodate daft management in the ISP.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.i686.PAE

read messages from the public lists.