Re: Making Fedora boot faster

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 14:48 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> The real time waster is that piece of hardware you call a hard disk
> drive. All of the services started up cause some heavy disk I/O that
> no rotating drive can handle very well.

Or, the real time waster is loads of services starting up.  And services
that take an age to read their config files, and depend on other
services...

Having played with other *ixs, the past, I've used ones that booted in a
blink of an eye, even on dead slow hardware, because they didn't start a
gazillion services.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.i686.PAE