Re: openoffice oocalc import weird erorr

 On 09/08/2010 08:37 PM, L wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Open up OpenOffice Help and read the entry about "date formats /
>> avoiding conversion to".
> could you show more details? I can't find this entry
>
> thank

  Deactivating Automatic Changes

By default, OpenOffice.org automatically corrects many common typing
errors and applies formatting while you type. You can immediately undo
any automatic changes with Ctrl+Z.

The following shows you how to deactivate and reactivate the automatic
changes in OpenOffice.org Calc:

    Automatic text or number completion

When making an entry in a cell, OpenOffice.org Calc automatically
suggests matching input found in the same column. This function is known
as *AutoInput*.

   1.

      To turn the AutoInput on and off, set or remove the check mark in
      front of *Tools - Cell Contents - AutoInput*
      <vnd.sun.star.help://scalc/text/scalc/01/06130000.xhp?Language=en-US&System=UNIX&UseDB=no&DbPAR=scalc>.

    Automatic conversion to date format

OpenOffice.org Calc automatically converts certain entries to dates. For
example, the entry *1.1* may be interpreted as January 1 of the current
year, according to the locale settings of your operating system, and
then displayed according to the date format applied to the cell.

To ensure that an entry is interpreted as text, add an apostrophe at the
beginning of the entry. The apostrophe is not displayed in the cell.

    Quotation marks replaced by custom quotes

Choose *Tools - AutoCorrect Options*. Go to the *Custom Quotes* tab and
unmark *Replace*.

    Cell content always begins with uppercase

Choose *Tools - AutoCorrect* *Options*. Go to the *Options* tab. Unmark
*Capitalize first letter of every sentence*.

    Replace word with another word

Choose *Tools - AutoCorrect* *Options*. Go to the *Replace* tab. Select
the word pair and click *Delete*.

--
Q: What do agnostic, insomniac dyslexics do at night? A: Stay awake and
wonder if there's a dog. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段