Re: openoffice oocalc import weird erorr

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:00 PM, kalinix <calin.kalinix.cosma@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 22:37 +1000, L wrote:
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  On 09/08/2010 07:31 PM, L wrote:
>> hi
>> my system is f13 2.6.34.6-47.fc13.i686 with latest openoffice. it is
>> very weird when I import a csv file into openoffice calc
>>
>> the csv file looks like this
>>
>> gasdd,MON05-2
>> jxcv,MON05-18
>>

>> after imported into calc it becomes
>>
>> gasdd 05/02/10
>> jxcv  05/18/10
>>

>> I spent many hours, finally identified this.  it hurts
>>
>> anyone has explanation and fix?
>
> Open up OpenOffice Help and read the entry about "date formats /
> avoiding conversion to".

could you show more details? I can't find this entry

thank

> --
> Rap is to music what Etch-a-Sketch is to art. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德
> 路四段
>

> --

Linux Toys
http://linuxishbell.wordpress.com/

When you import a csv into oocalc you have the option to select your column data type. You just select text for the second column and that's all.

thanks, to import this text file use the oocalc default,

MON060240 Roslyn MOM06-240
MON050042 Roslyn MON05-42S
MON050018 Roslyn MOM05-18
MON050002 Roslyn MON05-2
MON050032 Roslyn MON05-32
MON050060 Roslyn MON05-60
MON050008 Roslyn MON05-8
MON050028 Roslyn MON05-28
M0N050040 Roslyn MON05-40S

I got this

MON060240 Roslyn MOM06-240
MON050042 Roslyn MON05-42S
MON050018 Roslyn MOM05-18
MON050002 Roslyn 05/02/10
MON050032 Roslyn 05/01/32
MON050060 Roslyn 05/01/60
MON050008 Roslyn 05/08/10
MON050028 Roslyn 05/28/10
M0N050040 Roslyn MON05-40S

Change the 3rd column from standard to Text, get the right form. I don't want this 'intelligent' changes how to change the default?

--

Calin

Key fingerprint = 37B8 0DA5 9B2A 8554 FB2B 4145 5DC1 15DD A3EF E857