Re: err:wineconsole:WINECON_Fatal Couldn't find a decent font, aborting

Joshua C. wrote:
> 2010/9/2 James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Joshua C. wrote:
>>
>>> From my point of view it looks like a fedora bug, not a wine bug. I
>>> haven't tested the code from winehq but there were some commits with
>>> some font changes in the lastest koji.
>>>
>>> I got the same error with gnome and it also happens on i686. After you
>>> confirm this we have to file bug ticket about this.
>>>

>> Since I work with the Wine project as a so-so developer, things have
>> been known to happen.  Font issues are reported on the Wine-Users list
>> all the time.
>>
>> However, I will work with this on the weekend.  My schedule is full and
>> I have to work on the power adapter for the laptop I use for Linux.
>>
>> James McKenzie
>>
>> --
>>

> Ok,
>
> just to sum up what I've seen up to now.
>
> 1. wine works fine but wineconsole throws an error.
> 2. this happen regardless of the architecture
> 3. the last "working" version is 1.2.0-0.6.rc6
> 4. when started for the first time the aforementioned version tries to
> "initilize" the available fonts and writes something to the wine
> directory in the user's home directory.

Can you check the contents of the Fonts directory?  It is located in the
default installation at $HOME/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts.  There should
be set of TrueType fonts (.ttf) files.

> 5. all newer versions of wineconsole work only if this font
> information is found in the wine folder. If not an error is thrown.

Can you go to the Wine Users list and post this?  It would be most
helpful and maybe you are not the only one suffering with this problem.

I don't work on the wineconsole product.  I'm working on a couple of
missing functions in richedit that I need/desire for my Bible Study
programs.  Without them, the display does not function properly.

Also, keep in mind that for the most part, Wine is a totally volunteer
project.

James McKenzie