Re: err:wineconsole:WINECON_Fatal Couldn't find a decent font, aborting

2010/9/2 James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Joshua C. wrote:
>> From my point of view it looks like a fedora bug, not a wine bug. I
>> haven't tested the code from winehq but there were some commits with
>> some font changes in the lastest koji.
>>
>> I got the same error with gnome and it also happens on i686. After you
>> confirm this we have to file bug ticket about this.
>>
> Since I work with the Wine project as a so-so developer, things have
> been known to happen.  Font issues are reported on the Wine-Users list
> all the time.
>
> However, I will work with this on the weekend.  My schedule is full and
> I have to work on the power adapter for the laptop I use for Linux.
>
> James McKenzie
>
> --

Ok,

just to sum up what I've seen up to now.

1. wine works fine but wineconsole throws an error.
2. this happen regardless of the architecture
3. the last "working" version is 1.2.0-0.6.rc6
4. when started for the first time the aforementioned version tries to
"initilize" the available fonts and writes something to the wine
directory in the user's home directory.
5. all newer versions of wineconsole work only if this font
information is found in the wine folder. If not an error is thrown.

Please reply if you need more information.  Hope you can fix it.

--joshua