Re: Re: Installing DD-WRT -

On 01/-10/-28163 08:59 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>    I did not see nay place where there was an advanced version of
>    DD-WRT for sale? I'll have to look again. I would pay a reasonable
>    amount for it.

Honestly, I wouldn't go that route and support this reduction of
features for users of the "open source" DD-WRT.

You can get a small, low power x86 based system like the PC Engines Alix
[1] and install a choice OS on a flash disk.

http://www.pcengines.ch/order1.php?c=4

I haven't tried Fedora but Voyage Linux (a stripped down Debian for
embedded devices), but I guess as this is the Fedora-Users list, you
want to use your favourite distro. Someone's done that before:

http://sharkcz.livejournal.com/5708.html

You might want to consider looking into what the Voyage folks have done
to put all the writes (some /var subdirs, /tmp, ...) to tmpfs and
remount the ext3 partition read-only by default...

http://linux.voyage.hk/

Personally, I've gotten tired of buggy stock firmware contained in all
those *DSL routers - I simply make them dumb bridges and do all the
higher layers including PPPoE on an Alix board. Works like a charm with
pppd, and I have the full flexibility of a normal Linux box. I even run
IPv6 on it...

Alex