Re: Installing DD-WRT -

On 19/08/10 14:25, Darr wrote:
>   On Thursday, 19 August, 2010 @03:22 zulu, g scribed:
>
>> with what all i am involved with at this time, it looks like
>> it will be mid of next month before i can bust my virgin.
>
> That should give you plenty of time to digest this
>
> http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
>
> in case you had not found it. It's the 'peacock thread' often
> talked about in the DD-WRT forums, but harder to find
> than its author intended, because of its frequent mention.

I have a WRT54GL on which I intent to install dd-wrt. I've read some of the
peacock thread and it refers to the wiki if you install from a stock Linksys
firmware. However, the wiki explicitly states that you should only use Internet
Explorer. It actually reads: **DO NOT USE FIREFOX** (see:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT54GL).

How can a Linux user without access to windoze ever install dd-wrt?

--
Erik