Re: Installing DD-WRT -

  On 13/08/10 14:45, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 14:24:25 -0400,
>    Bob Goodwin<bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>      Does anyone here have experience installing DD-WRT?
> It's been a while (I use OpenWRT for new stuff), but I just followed the
> instructions on their web pages. It involved using tftp and worked well.
>
>>      Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.
> If you think you might want to do any customization of the firmware (not just
> the settings), than OpenWRT might be a better choice. I have done OpenWRT
> trunk builds on Fedora and it works pretty nice.

    I finally got DD-WRT installed on the Netgear WNDR3300 router.

    I did the 30-30-30 hard reset routine, used the Netgear GUI "Router
    Upgrade" menu item with "dd-wrt.v24_std-wndr3300.chk" that churned
    for about 90 seconds and and asked for a new user and password. Then
    another hard reset and it looks like it might work once configured.
    I will try it when I can shut this system down without disrupting
    others.

    There were some problems along the way but that's what it finally
    boiled down to.

    Bob

.