Re: Evolution: get rid of Junk buttons?

On Sat, 2010-08-14 at 12:20 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:
> Is there any way to remove the Junk/Not Junk buttons from the top panel
> in Evolution? I do not use these filters (I have others) and since the
> junk button is right next to the delete button, I am forever hitting the
> wrong one, then I have to go to the junk folder, unjunk the message,
> remember which folder it would have gone back to, go back to that
> folderk, THEN finally delete it. It is a colossal pain and I would just
> like to remove the button that causes nothing but grief (for me).

Did you try a Google search?  customize Evolution toolbar

It found this, from a link at the top of the list:

 ----------------  begin paste ------------------

I found a file /usr/share/evolution/2.22/ui/evolution-mail-message.xml.
At the bottom there is a section
Code:
<dockitem name="Toolbar">
<!-- ... toolbar buttons ... -->
</dockitem>
I manually added the button there (after making a backup of the original
file, of course). Unfortunately, Evolution does not load the icon,
although there is an icon of the needed size
in /usr/share/icons/gnome/24x24/actions.

But still, thank you. At least, one is able to remove buttons, without
any issues, this way.

If your version doesn't have that particular file, have a poke around
for other likely XML files.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686